FROM THE FIELDS- ISSUE #69
The more greens the better. And what better way to enjoy your greens than with creamy green orange creamsicles. Genuine Health has many amazing products to help keep you healthy no matter how busy life can be. There’s even one of their products mixed into this recipe!
SUMMER IS HERE and it’s a hot one! What better way to cool off than with a refreshing summer treat, that tastes great and is still packed with nutrients. As we fall into our last month of summer, it’s hard not to indulge in all the summer sweet treats. We’ve partnered up with Genuine Health to make this delicious summer treat so we can indulge and still get lots of nutrients.
WHENEVER the body is growing, repairing, or replacing tissue, nutrients are involved. As life can be busy, it can be challenging getting the right amount of nutrients. Genuine Health has some of the products out there to make healthy living easier- no matter how busy we are. Here are our top 3 favourite products from Genuine Health:
Greens +: An amazing blend of over 23 plant-based essential nutrients in every scoop. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to help keep your body alkalized and energized. Plus greens+ gives you up to 350% more concentrated fruits and veggies (vs other green foods and all-in-one superfoods)! Check out their full list of ingredients for more details.
Fermented Vegan Protein: They are the first to make fermented protein and they’ve done an amazing job. These protein powders are not like most. From the fermentation, the proteins are much easier to absorb. Allowing our bodies to take in the nutrients without any bloat or digestive distress, while increasing our gut health- making us stronger on the inside, glowing on the outside. We highly recommend the vanilla and chocolate flavours.
Fermented Vegan Protein+ Bars: These are the ultimate bars to help you keep things healthy no matter how busy life can be. Great for traveling too! Each bar contains 13g of fermented plant-based protein per serving to help keep you full without any bloat. Check out all their amazing flavours!
Green Orange Creamsicles Recipe:
- ½ cup cashews-unroasted, unsalted
- 1 can (400ml) Coconut milk-full-fat
- 1 large, ripe Avocado
- Soft Dates-pitted *depending on sweetness preference
- 1-2 scoops GH Greens + orange flavour (already sweetened with stevia)
- In a blender or food processor, take the cashews and coconut milk and blend until smooth. If you have the time, pre-soak the cashews before blending.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth. Taste-test a little bit to make sure it’s the right sweetness.
- Fill your popsicle tray/mold with the creamy batter. And now the hardest part- put it in the freezer and wait. Overnight is best.
TIP: If you want to take it to the next level, add ¼ cup of the Vanilla Fermented Protein Powder. Just think of it like a frozen smoothie on a stick.